Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Because I Scared Myself To Death....

Saturday, April 7, 2012

I always look back on these things thinking, "What in the hell was I thinking?" "Who in the world, besides me, would do a google search on the Manson murders late at night?" And, "How much valium will be needed to get into a much calmer state?"

I scared the hell out of myself tonight googling Manson stuff. Now I'm the only one awake, it's dark and I'm too afraid to close my eyes. So I'm going to do a few Sunday Stealing questions to take my mind off scary knives and crime scenes for a bit.

Hang in here with me, it's therapy after all, cheaper than a midnight call to my psychiatrist and much more safe than a handful of valium.

So shall we?

1. What is your origin of your first name? What about any nicknames?
How mean is this? My dad always told me when I was little that I was named after a cow. What kind of crap is that? The year before he died he told me the real reason for my name. My middle name is for his favorite dancer of all time, Cyd  Charisse. So he chose my middle name to be Cherise and he thought, being all intellectual as he was, that my first name, Teri, had the right amount of syllables to go with Cherise. How sterile is that? The only nickname I ever had, that I know of, was 'Penelope," from my uncle Tex when I was a wee one.

2. Have you any claims to fame?
I think being part of the forming of a non profit corporation aimed with policing big, bad car dealers in the State of Washington, helping to change the State's auto leasing laws, and all kinds of cool TV, radio and print interviews kind of count. That, and also I'm a Diva.

3. If you were famous, how would you introduce yourself to someone who had never heard of you?
Maybe something fun and quirky like "Hello."

4. Which of your country's achievements do you hold in highest regard?
The Constitution

5. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An adult

6. What was your most prized possession as a child? Do you still have it?
It was a green striped clown with a plastic face, and no I don't have it. My dad threw it away. Traumatized me for life.

7. What would you change about yourself, if you could?
Most people would probably think I'd change being bipolar. But that only makes life more interesting. I'd probably add a touch of OCD, of the cleaning variety.

8. What are you obsessed with?
shoes, like you didn't know.

9. What is your greatest achievement so far, or the high point of your career?
Raising eight kids and staying sane in the process. Oh, wait, I'm not am I? Oh well I tried.

10. When/where were you happiest?
That, I'm sorry, is a secret

11. And the lowest point in your life thus far?
dealing with the killing of my mother, and the deaths of my grandson and my father.

12. What was the best decision you ever made?
To get pictures of myself with my kids. I have none of me with my mother. Funny how seemingly little things come to mean so much when you can no longer have them.

13. If you have any body modifications, which was most painful, or which do you regret the most? If you haven't got any, do you have any planned, or would you ever consider getting any?
"Body modifications?" That's funny. I have a few. I've had cosmetic surgery twice and I have lots of tattoos and I'd do them all again.

14. What is the most idiotic thing you have ever done while intoxicated?
Sorry, pleading the fifth.

15. What is your favorite joke?
I have to take the fifth on this one as well.  Or one my brothers' know....."So I said to this emu".....long story there.

16. What is the coolest/most impressive thing you own?
The coolest is my Harley Heritage Softail and the most impressive would have to be, uh, I have no idea.

17. When did you last cry, and why?
I don't cry. It releases emotions I don't care to deal with yet.

18. What's the best piece of advice you've ever had?
Listen to your parents.

19. Similarly, what's the nicest thing anyone's ever done for you?
Married me when I was crazy and had two small children.

20. Have you any vices?
Well, I don't smoke, I rarely drink, but I LOVE to shop and to gamble.

21. Do you regret anything?
Leaving my son with a certain babysitter when he was one. He was beaten.

22. What is the best invention ever?
The Mac Book Pro....duh

23. How would you describe your relationship with your family?
incredible

24. Who is your biggest inspiration?
my grandmother, my dad and Ronald Reagan.

25. What are you going to do when you've finished Sunday Stealing?
try to find something else to do to keep my mind off murders, creepers and freaks.

12 comments:

Outcast April 8, 2012 at 3:36 AM  

For some reason I myself have this morbid fascination with serial killers and the like yet I find just like yourself when I read this stuff at night I always struggle to sleep afterwards. Great questions and answers too Diva, there's no better way to introduce yourself as somebody famous than to say hello haha.

Rachel Cotterill April 8, 2012 at 3:48 AM  

Heh, I try not to read scary stuff at *any* time of day, let alone just before bedtime!!

Carrie April 8, 2012 at 6:35 AM  

Ohhh when I get on the computer later I will totally steal this ;-) I completely agree with the adding OCD!

Maria M Johnson April 8, 2012 at 7:45 AM  

Thanks for sharing, again. I'm enjoying getting to know you, as a fellow human with bipolar disorder.

Selena April 8, 2012 at 7:58 AM  

I seriously don't know how you raised 8 kids. I have one and feel insane.

Selena

Unknown April 8, 2012 at 4:10 PM  

lmbo I had a housefull of roughly 12 kids here yesterday. I hid on the front porch. There is NO way I could handle 8 ever. at. all. Why on earth Manson of all people really?? See I watch shows like Snapped and who the bleep did I marry and crap.. for my scary

Dazee Dreamer April 8, 2012 at 4:16 PM  

You are a nuttbutt. Looking up Charles Manson shit. Oh well, I've been known to be reading my favorite murder/mystery books late and night, so then I have to play stupid games to make me not so scared. Loving OfficeJerk at the moment.

I really would like to hear the story of your mom's death. I do think that it is cool that you take them coffee when you go visit them.

Susie - Walking Butterfly April 8, 2012 at 9:17 PM  

I loved reading these answers! The photo thing is so cool, it is so much easier to take pics now, even easier than when my boys were tiny. I wish I had taken more, but we were so aware of hoe much each shot would cost when processed, you know.

Nikky44 April 9, 2012 at 12:26 AM  

I don't cry. I stopped crying for about 20 years, but now that i started again, It just doesn't stop!

Liz Mays April 9, 2012 at 2:48 AM  

First he told you that you were named after a cow and then he threw away your prized possession? He's a naughty one!

Classic NYer April 9, 2012 at 10:26 AM  

Did you really want to be an adult when you were a child? What a shame... I'm an adult now and I still don't want to be one.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP