Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Mary, Xanex and Scandal

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I'm listening to you all, well, I'm reading the endless emails I've gotten about Mary. She'll be back in full force, but it's been crazy wild here and Mary, well, she takes effort. I have to be able to focus enough not to puke my socks up with every word I type. My nostrils burn just typing her name. The smell of that house was seared into my memory banks.

Truth be told, I've been distracted these past few days. I had a couple of the grand-creatures over for a few days. That's always fun, but busy.

Then it "snowed" here. We got all of about 1/8" and it's all on the grass. It was enough, however, to stop Portland in it's tracks. Everyone's been home and I've been sucking xanex anticipating their return to wherever they go during the day.

All of that's been good for me. I've had something on my mind that's tearing me up. My friend, Joe, is dying. He's in the hospital and unconscious. He was removed from life support a few days ago and given last rites. Everything within me wants to get on a plane and fly to Texas to be there, to see him, to say goodbye and to do whatever I can to support his family and friends.

I can't do it. I sit here and try to think of other things and stay occupied. It doesn't work. I jump at every text and every time my phone rings my heart stops. Our friend, Doug, is keeping me informed and I love him for that.

Joe Martinez

Now to change the tone. My friend. D. Scandal gave me this cool award for one of my posts. It was "Beagles, Mexicans and Facebook." These are her words,

Have you ever read a post and thought to yourself, "I couldn't have said it any better myself? It's like they got inside my head or something?!" Since I'm such a Big Mouth Whore it's hard to believe I didn't say it first. (You like that didn't you BSF peeps!) Well, just in case you aren't reading these amazing posts? I'm going to share them with you! These are the two posts that inspired this new award!





If you haven't yet discovered her scandalous site, click on over there and read the secrets of a sweet, southern girl.

On top of all the goings on here, I'm getting sick. It's lights out for me. I have too much to do to be sick!

13 comments:

Rob-bear November 23, 2010 at 10:56 PM  

Let me get this straight: 1/8" of snow brings Portland to a screeching, grinding halt?

You gotta be kidding.

We got a foot of snow last week in Bear's city, and we just carried on as usual. Well, a little slower, but not much.

Those Portland people are WIMPS.

On the other hand, we can't all be Canadians, eh?

Rob-bear November 23, 2010 at 11:02 PM  

Sorry about Joe, but "Hooray!" for the Award.

And if you're getting sick, God and your friends will "carry" you for a while. You can trust the Bear on that!

An' if you're gong "down for the count," you might as well have a snooze in the process.

Anonymous,  November 24, 2010 at 5:54 AM  

You're so awesome, you rock my face off :)

I'm sorry about your friend. I hope you have a great holiday with your family!

Copyboy November 24, 2010 at 7:37 AM  

So sorry about your friend Joe. You have to do what you are able to do. Nothing more. Joe knows you care for him, no matter where you are.

Christy November 24, 2010 at 8:08 AM  

I know the days of jumping with the ring of a phone are absolutely horrible. I have such vivid memories of those times. You are in my thoughts.

Dazee Dreamer November 24, 2010 at 8:55 AM  

I so sorry about your friend. My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.

1/8" inch of snow? scary. not. But then I was in Portland once on business and they got what I call a skiff of snow, and there were all like going to be such a bad car drive home. WTF, I told them I would drive them home. :)

I think I have about 14 inches at my house right now.

Monkey Man November 24, 2010 at 10:56 AM  

So sorry to hear about your friend, Joe. Losing people in our lives is never good....just inevitable. Congrats on the award. Hope you get feeling better soon.

Dee November 24, 2010 at 1:20 PM  

I'm so sorry about your friend, I'll keep him, his family and you in my thoughts and prayers!! Hugs boo!

Unknown November 24, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

Wishing you the best!
T♥

Gypsea Nurse November 24, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

GIrl.. you know I love ya.. without even ever meeting you... I'm sorry for your troubled times with your friend.. and the godforsaken smell of Mary.... take the xanax.. and relax..(although we know that is near impossible..)..so.. take the mania into productive use.. and I know you can...
My heart and prayers are with you..
Many Hugs..
Cat/Cricket

Classic NYer November 25, 2010 at 12:37 AM  

1/8" ... ? Really? Aw, babe, I thought you meant *real* snow...

Me November 29, 2010 at 12:57 PM  

I'm sorry about your friend, Teri. There are never any words to take the yuck away so please know that I'm hoping the pain will subside for you soon.

Claudya Martinez November 29, 2010 at 7:43 PM  

I'm so sorry about your friend Joe.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP