Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

And Then Entered The Pig

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Private Facebook accounts, most of us have them. I've been rather selective with whom I allow access to my private account, I get enough BS on my Fan pages, but that's to be expected.

Tonight's post all began with two of my FaceBook posts. One status update was:

"Friends, I have a couple of requests. First please NO profanity on my wall, and second if you have a question or comment about my private life please PM me. There are things that are really no one's business and when it's written on my wall it opens a can of worms that I'm choosing to keep closed. Thanks! "

The other:  

"These political double standards are making me sick!"

Well the one regarding the double standards of the campaign we're in was simple enough I thought. However a friend made a comment using inappropriate language and I asked him to edit it, which he did.

Another person, whom I shall not name, jumped on my request to have the comment edited and wrote a comment himself using the word I asked to be edited, in all caps, followed by a smart ass remark.  Misogyny at its finest. I'm sure he's not even familiar with the meaning of the word "misogyny," but he most certainly exemplifies it in its truest, most raw form.

I rarely get rude with people on my FB page, I don't want negativity in my life. I either scroll past, or if needed, delete their comment. His comment so enraged me with his blatant disrespect, not only for me, but for women as a whole, I fired back. If you could say "fired back."

I told him he was a disrespectful:

pig:

I also made  a few more comments that I can't remember at the moment. Women were jumping in letting him know their feelings as well.

I know 7th graders engage in "locker room" talk, and was curious so I looked through my friends' list. I can confidently attest that more than 90% of my male friends have class, and respect, for women and would never, even in private, speak in the manner this man felt free to write on my wall. This man has proven himself to have no class what-so-ever.

I can't help but wonder if his self esteem is so low he needs to degrade others, was he not taught properly as a child, or is he just a misogynistic pig? My husband even chimed in saying that if the man in question ever hurts his girlfriend, a friend of his, that this man would have hell to pay.

I'm very proud to say that all of my my sons hold women in the highest esteem, as do most of my male friends, and would never stoop to the level of a jr. high bully.

I can only assume the truth must have stung a bit with the comments that were made regarding his comment. He soon deleted it.

A question to men, and the women that put up with men like the one I wrote of, what would you do if a man spoke to your daughter, sister, mother, or wife in a misogynistic manner? There's your answer.

Peace out, and don't put up with the swine!

xoxoxo

3 comments:

Unknown October 10, 2016 at 7:02 PM  

@TattedBikerChik @metrofla that was well written.
Sadly, from what I have witnessed lately is the same behavior from the alt-right/white supremists

Unknown October 10, 2016 at 7:03 PM  

they have no respect for women. Women are breeding stock, and alt-right women I've found to be equally repugnant.

The Bipolar Diva October 10, 2016 at 7:06 PM  

O feel the same way. Repugnant is the perfect word!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP