Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

The More I See

Saturday, June 27, 2015

I've been back in my house for a bit now trying to get it in order.

Today was my first "real" day to have the time to clean the addition that was put on for my mom, put things away, etc.

The more I found, the more livid I became. Of all the people that lived down in this part of the house it seems the only ones that took care of it was my oldest daughter and her husband.

There's pink fingernail polish all over the granite, gum on the wall, ruined sheets. The coverlet I had bought for Mom had a LARGE marker stain on it. I had always wondered why it was neatly folded and put away. Thank Goodness I was able to get it out finally. Was it really that hard to put in the washer?

Crystal knobs are broken off of the cabinets and closet doors, there's marker all over one of the built in benches. The oven and fridge were a total mess, holes in the rugs. Trash compactor broken, and pee stains all over the mattress we bought for mom, I could go on and on FOREVER.

The dresser is broken, the chairs have things pulled off of them. Good Lord, these were supposed to be "adults," and they wouldn't even respect the fact that their father and I had built this for my mom?

I think the part that upsets me the most is the marker and the fingernail polish. Really? They couldn't have washed the coverlet? Let someone know of the marker on the built in so it could be taken care of, and is it really that difficult to put down news paper, or something to make sure your kid didn't get pink polish everywhere on the granite?

They were given free rent, free utilities, etc. but had no respect for a home that belonged to someone else? They weren't thankful enough to take care of a place they were allowed to live for free? I'm glad their father didn't see all of the mess.

Thank Goodness  my oldest and her husband respected it, and were appreciative enough to treat the place as if they had built it, and I know my oldest son wouldn't have allowed his son to mark all over the addition with marker, he has too much respect for that as well.

I was able to get most of it taken care of. Mom would be happy.

Yeah, ok, that was my rant for the week. Carry on.

xoxo

4 comments:

UncleGlen June 28, 2015 at 10:14 AM  

Good grief! I hate that lack of respect for someone else's property too!

UncleGlen June 28, 2015 at 10:14 AM  

Good grief! I hate that lack of respect for someone else's property too!

The Bipolar Diva June 29, 2015 at 5:45 PM  

typical for them I guess. pisses me off. At least my daughter and her husband took care of it. Each day I find more problems.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP