Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Foreshadowing Or Emotion?

Friday, August 16, 2013

Simple emotion, or tales of things to come?

Sometimes it's difficult to understand, to discern exactly, which emotions on which to act, and on which to rest.

One thing I have learned though the years of life rocking torment is, generally, resting on those emotions is a far better way to cope with the undercurrent that seeks to pull me down, and take me with its power.

No longer is comfort found in sitting on the edge of the sterile, tiled, tub deck, holding a recently misused, cold steel blade, although they are just feet away, and gaze at the release of warm, red droplets as they form a trail that runs the length of my arm. Then seeing, feeling, them as they fall into a splattered pool on the hard stone floor.

It's difficult for others to understand how the thick, crimson ribbons take with them emotional pain and release immeasurable peace that floods the mind, soul and spirit.

For the last several years the temptation is one that has rarely entered my mind, and when it has it's only been for short flashes of time.

I'm in a good place, I can cope, even though the temptation lies only a few short feet away. Clinging to that good place can be a difficult task, but cling I do, for now.


  "The Letter"

All I ever wanted was some love and peace and harmony
I could dance in the raw in the sun underneath the stars
When I walk over to my money tree ain't nobody there
Trying to take from me
When they ask "Are you truly free?" I'd say "Yes, truly"
But down here in really everybody knows there ain't
No such thing
And It's clear
It's obviously this is not the place I'm supposed to be
On and on and on I've searched
What I'm looking for is not here on earth
I can't stand I can't take no more
So I know that I goota go
So long everybody
Mama don't be sad for me
Life was a heartache and now I am finally free
Don't know where I'm headed
Hope I see you someday soon
So long everybody
I have gone beyond the moon

All I ever wanted was some love and peace and harmony
Just to be live and shine
When I get ready I up and fly
And I can't remember none of the things that I want
To forget
It's the best - satisfaction no less
Ask if I'm free and I'll say "Oh yes"
But down here in really everybody knows there ain't
No such thing
And It's clear
It's obviously this is not the place I'm supposed to be
On and on and on I've searched
What I'm looking for is not here on earth
I can't stand I can't take no more
So I know that I gotta go
So long everybody
Mama don't be sad for me
Life was a heartache and now I am finally free
Don't know where I'm headed
Hope I see you someday soon
So long everybody




 

5 comments:

Rob-bear August 16, 2013 at 10:25 PM  

Blogger just obliterated my comment, so I'm trying again.

I was thinking uh-huh. Right. Righteous music there.

But I don't think it is either foreshadowing or emotion. It's just the way the words and music hit you this time.

BTW, how did your biker buddies make out on their fundraising project for Jeff?

Blessings and Bear hugs!
desert.epiphanies@sasktel.net
Bears Noting
Life in the Urban Forest (poetry)

The Bipolar Diva August 16, 2013 at 10:36 PM  

Rob, I'll have to email you in the next few days about that..........

Outcast August 17, 2013 at 11:06 AM  

Beautiful post Diva, really like the lyrics too and the song they're from, I'd never heard of it before. Maybe it is foreshadowing for something that's going to happen soon, after all you are in a transitional period of your life right now.

Allyson & Jere August 18, 2013 at 5:05 PM  

Eeek! The words to that song could literally be my husband speaking. I worry every day. It's so hard, this whole bi-polar crap. I hate it for you and I hate it for me.

MarkD60 August 20, 2013 at 7:20 AM  

Just got back from vacation and I'm catching up. Glad you're in a good space!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP