Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

There Were FLOORS Of Them!

Monday, October 29, 2012

I got a new car today. WHAT? Yeah I know I just got one two weeks ago. But things happen right? The first car deal just didn't set well with me. I told them the options that were must and options that would be nice but not necessary.

I was shown two cars, then one was sold out from under me so there was just the one remaining. It was a black on black Mercedes E350 and it was loaded to the max. I took it even though I was went to get  NEW car. That should have been my first clue.

Then the salesman was supposed to do some things for me that he never did, I kept receiving Fed Ex packages that the "finance" girl forgot to have us sign originally.

Then I went in for a lesson on how to learn to use the navigation, it was much, much different from my last Mercedes' navigation system. I wanted him to show me how to load CDs into the music registry along with a few more "need to know" options.

The salesman basically went through everything quickly not giving me a chance to ask questions or to try to do it myself. It was so frustrating.

Then the next day I received another fed ex envelope with more papers to sign. That was it. I was done and swore I'd never step foot into that dealership again. I decided to call the general manager and tell him of all the problems I had during my car shopping experience.

To my surprise he was a very nice man. He told me to come back in and he'd make it right, that the most important thing was that I was happy. I had my doubts but went anyway.

So yesterday Nikki and I went to downtown Portland to check it all out. The GM came out and introduced himself. He was handsome and very polite. He set me up with different salesman that took me trough the warehouses. It appeared they had thousands and thousands of cars, and the first salesman never went over the cars they had in stock, according to him there were only two cars that fit my criteria, neither of them new. They were certified pre-owned.

They had about 35 of the cars I wanted. Hmmm. We went over to another warehouse, with three floors of cars, and looked for the three I'd narrowed my choices to. The one I really wanted was still wrapped in plastic and cardboard. They unwrapped it for me and allowed me to sit in it and get a feel for it. I turned down the test drive because I'd been driving another one for two weeks.

That was it, that was the one I wanted and it only had 4 miles on it. 4 miles! We went to the general manager and we swapped cars. He took back the original one back and substituted the new one for it. I lost no money in the deal.

There was a little paperwork involved in the swap and while it was being prepared the salesman took me out and gave a comprehensive look at the options that were scrambling my brain. Now I really know how to work the voice help, the navigation and the uploading CDs into the cars memory.

The dealership I vowed never to step foot in again has restored my faith. I just might have to visit Mercedes of Portland again. And the car I came away with was another black on black E350. I'm happy.

 

16 comments:

Dazee Dreamer October 29, 2012 at 7:25 AM  

I hate little pissant salesmen like the first one you got. He just knew he would get a bigger commission off the used car. What a douche. But you didn't mention what color the beauty is.

Outcast October 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM  

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling happy Diva, it annoys me that they handled it so poorly originally but this other guy sounds like a real gem and I'm very happy that you got a car you're satisfied with now, thank goodness for that guy being so nice.

Snowbrush October 29, 2012 at 10:49 AM  

If you're happy, I'm happy. You with your new Mercedes, and me with my 19 year old Chevy van. Maybe we should swap out for a few months, just to see how the other one lives.

The Bipolar Diva October 29, 2012 at 11:31 AM  

Dazee, he was horrible! And it's black on black. Beautiful!

The Bipolar Diva October 29, 2012 at 11:32 AM  

yeamie, I'm so glad I get fed up and called back. Two totally different experiences for sure!

The Bipolar Diva October 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM  

Snowbrush, thank you, yes I am happy with the one I now have and happy about the service I received the second time. I don't if I'd even know how to drive a van, but you can drive mine any time you like!

Karli October 29, 2012 at 12:21 PM  

I am so happy for you, Mom!

Susie - Walking Butterfly October 29, 2012 at 7:47 PM  

Yay! Sometimes it pays to complain to the management!

Princess Kate October 30, 2012 at 6:29 AM  

Glad to see that it all worked out for you. Would love to see a picture of the car.

Unknown October 30, 2012 at 8:02 AM  

Hi Diva, I just started reading your blog and enjoy it very much. So much I subscribed to it. Despite your drama with the dealership, it turned out well for you..Congrats! I just started a personal blog about my experiences with my bipolar. i plan on adding to it at least once a week. If you get a chance to, stop by and take a peek. I am very open to critique.;p Hit me with your best shot.

Gerald Bouthner

The Bipolar Diva October 30, 2012 at 10:12 AM  

Gerald, thank you! I'll have to stop by!

The Bipolar Diva October 30, 2012 at 10:12 AM  

Princess Kate;

I'll have to try to do that!

Claudya Martinez October 30, 2012 at 9:21 PM  

Nice. I'm so glad they made it right for you. Congrats.

Rob-bear October 30, 2012 at 10:40 PM  

Glad to know you finally got what you really wanted. A little Diva persistence and perseverance paid of in huge dividends! Considering how much money you're spending, you should be absolutely happy, and they made it right for you.

The Bipolar Diva October 31, 2012 at 8:03 PM  

yes, Rob, they made it more than right. And really the price was about the same amount as an SUV. And I had huge equity in my car so we came out of the deal pretty well.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP