Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

They Need To Quit Messing With Me!

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Today was the third time, as in first, second, third, time that a doctor told me PTSD can be misdiagnosed as bipolar disorder.

I admit that I have a lot of PTSD: severe domestic violence, a gun being held to my head numerous times and a knife to my throat more times than I can count.

My daughter was stalked, raped and ended up pregnant. I watched my grandson die, my mother was killed, I had a grandson born three months early, my brother found my father dead, my granddaughter was born three months early and all this is just the tip of the ice berg. So, yes, I realize I have some pretty significant PTSD  issues, BUT, listen closely doctors, don't go messin' with my diagnosis!

I mean I have an image to keep up! "The Bipolar Diva" has a ring to it and I just got notice from the federal government trade mark office that I'm so, so close to having "The Bipolar Diva" trademarked, so leave my diagnosis alone!

All that and I can look back and see stitch together the episodes in my life, and I can do the same with my genetic background and even I can tell you it's bipolar disorder!

Plus I have a bulk of really cool "Bipolar Diva" pens and some awesome "Bipolar Diva" business cards and the list goes on.

So please, I beg you, please stop the musical diagnosis' on me!




 

17 comments:

Susie - Walking Butterfly August 5, 2012 at 10:16 PM  

Yah, "PTSD Diva" really doesn't have the same ring at all!

Unknown August 5, 2012 at 10:41 PM  

Oh for crying out loud..when your issues started before the tragedies that rules out the possibility of it being only PTSD. Can PTSD cause bipolar symptoms to be more pronounced due to the traumatic memories, absolutely. Hell even I know that they often go hand in hand, as a trigger at some point can be the stressor that brings bipolarism to the forefront. Does that mean that you are not bipolar, hell no.. need me to come roll them for ya? Cause I will ya know..

The Bipolar Diva August 5, 2012 at 10:43 PM  

Angel, I know you'll kick their butts for me! :)

Outcast August 6, 2012 at 2:43 AM  

I hate these cretin psychologists who diagnose a different thing because they don't want to agree with the original diagnosis. Everything that's been done to control your bipolar illness has had positive effects and if it was post traumatic stress disorder you would know that.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been through so much though. I'd never heard that story about your daughter and I hope things are okay with her now.

Nolie August 6, 2012 at 4:39 AM  

Hey I want some Bipolar Diva swag. Should they attempt to change your diagnosis somemore then the swag may be worth some money one day.

MarkD60 August 6, 2012 at 7:17 AM  

You're gonna have to rename your blog "PSTD Princess ".

Classic NYer August 6, 2012 at 3:42 PM  

PTSD Diva actually has a kind of assonance.

UncleGlen August 6, 2012 at 3:46 PM  

Can I order some of your cool pens??? :-)

The Bipolar Diva August 6, 2012 at 8:02 PM  

I have a few pens left. I need to order some more!

Prettypics123 August 6, 2012 at 8:18 PM  

The telling thing would be whether the meds are working to control your unpleasant symptoms I guess, huh?

Candace August 6, 2012 at 10:23 PM  

i feel this. I really do. It's an identity shift. Or not. I mean, its totes possible that you have bipolar disorder and PTSD. Life, it's comorbid that way. Keep your pens, hand them out. Your brand is hotness.

The Bipolar Diva August 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM  

Candace, tell Sean I'm marrying you, he needs to move over! lol

The Bipolar Diva August 6, 2012 at 10:45 PM  

Levonne; the meds are great and I have a wonderful cocktail now, so what ever they're for, they're working!

Claudya Martinez August 7, 2012 at 11:28 AM  

You don't have to convince me. Plus PTSD Diva doesn't have the same ring.

Tami August 7, 2012 at 6:35 PM  

Just pens? Jeesh, I thought you'd have a line of t-shirts and purses by now.

Becky August 11, 2012 at 9:18 AM  

It seems that ever since Catherine Zeta Jones admitted to being bipolar after spending 2 days in a spa, everyone is now Bipolar. It's the new chic diagnosis. Which basically means Hollywood is fucking it up for those of us who are really fucked up. We're authentic designer bipolars they're just knock offs.

My doctor has diagnosed me with PTSD, Bipolar, borderline personality disorder, anorexic, and uh, mentally ill because that covers his ass.

God I hate docs but we need them for our meds....

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP