Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Suck It!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I'm really not sure what I was thinking. That's nothing new I guess, I seldom know what I'm thinking or was thinking. One of my kids is convinced I have early onset Alzheimer's. I forget his name, but he knows who he is.

I've been immersed in school. I think I mentioned it before, but I'm working on finishing a degree majoring in Political Science with a minor in American History. It's kept me submerged in books, papers, highlighters and post it notes.

In the middle of all of this, and since this is finals week, I've had little time to do anything. But you see, I had to do something. It seemed simple enough. All I had to do was make two phone calls. One to cancel my MSN service, that I haven't used in a year, and one to clarify a clause in a new life insurance policy for accidental death.

All in all it took me a FULL FREAKING DAY to accomplish these two seemingly simple tasks. 

I tried to tackle canceling MSN first. One phone call at most right? It seems canceling MSN is about as easy as finding the interest rate on your credit card statement. It took me nearly an hour and a half and SEVEN different people to have them click a damn button to cancel my service.

My last words to them, actually I think I used these exact words four times with four different people, "Just CANCEL MY BLEEP BLEEPING SERVICE!"

Finally when that was done I called the life insurance company to clarify this clause under exclusions:
"Will not pay if the insured person is under the influence of any excitant, depressant, hallucinogen, narcotic; or any other drug or intoxicant."


Alrighty then. The simple question was if this policy is nullified by my medicinal regimen. Easy enough, right? Apparently NOT! I take excitants for ADD, I take depressants for anxiety, I take hallucinogens (technically a hypnotic) to sleep, and see that little clause "ANY OTHER DRUG?" Yeah, see what I mean?


Six and three-quarters of an hour later I had an answer. I went through EIGHT departments and finally ended up with the head underwriter.

It appears that they left out a pretty important clause in my contract that states if I'm under the influence of any of these medications and they are the determined CAUSE of the accident, the policy won't pay. Since I'm taking all of my meds as prescribed I am indeed covered.

Yeah, I'm canceling the policy. If they can't even answer a simple question in less than 15 minutes with the help of one person I've kinda lost faith that they'll pay in the event of an accidental death. Bastards!

And MSN....suck it!

As for finals I have three essays to revise, three more to write and four exams. Again, I'm not sure what I was thinking.

Oh yeah. Thanksgiving, how could I forget? Here's a few of my favorite pics from the holiday! Who am I kidding? I have a HUGE family and being kind of a camera whore...I have a little more than a "few" pics.

Madeleine and CoCo
Tyson and Michelle
Me and Sara
CoCo
Pouty Pants
Me and Nikki
Me and Jake
Michael and Baby Jax
Josiah, Anna-Grace, Aiden, CoCo and Madeleine
Karli, Jax and Jakob
Karli and Michelle
Me and Jeremiah
Mad Maddy
CoCo and Nikki
Stealing Josiah
Jakob and Maddy
Anna-Grace, even the little ones have to help
Josiah
CoCo and Nana
Joshua
Justin and Karli
Jake is the turkey neck gobbler
And I made it through the day without Valium!








22 comments:

Jennifer Kay November 30, 2011 at 5:44 PM  

And I thought I took a lot of pictures...everyone in your family looks like they just walked off a movie set...CUTE PEOPLE for real.

Just Two Chicks November 30, 2011 at 5:46 PM  

Sorry for your difficulty in canceling and clarifying, but love, love, love your pictures!!! Sounds like a much better holiday than ours :)

Nolie November 30, 2011 at 7:22 PM  

Love pics of the family and glad to hear you survived thanksgiving. As for the companies they SUCK. I hate dealing with companies with stupid employees. I want to curl up and cry everytime I have to call a company that I know will be a call centre type place.

Karyn November 30, 2011 at 8:38 PM  

I miss you guys so very much- please hug everyone for me.......I miss Casa Worley-

The Bipolar Diva November 30, 2011 at 10:00 PM  

Nolie;

I HATE making those calls. No one knows anything!

The Bipolar Diva November 30, 2011 at 10:01 PM  

Two Chicks;
Thanks about the pics! Sorry about your holiday, you'll have to email me.

The Bipolar Diva November 30, 2011 at 10:01 PM  

Jennifer, thank you! If we only made the money those folks do!

Furry Bottoms December 1, 2011 at 8:51 AM  

Dear God, how much weight have you lost?! Don't forget to eat to supplement that strength to get through all that stuff!

You're so beautiful. Your family is too! This post did not pop up on my reader until today. TWO DAYS after you posted! Ugh. Maybe I should cancel Google. But doh, it's free, so nevermind.

Unknown December 1, 2011 at 9:55 AM  

As someone who used to be a CSR for a long distance company I can tell you that many times even though we are ABLE to do what you want us to, our position prevents us from doing it. If someone wanted to cancel we had to ask them why and offer assistance but could NOT cancel them, that had to go to the next level. It was as frustrating for me as it was for the customer. Your family is gorgeous.. I could have answered the clause in the insurance for you since I took business law lol. wish you had known that before huh..

Tami December 1, 2011 at 10:18 AM  

Thanks for sharing a not so fun moment. It seems I take the same types of medicine and never thought about life insurance. Thank you for the info!!

highheeledlife December 1, 2011 at 11:06 AM  

Beautiful photos!! You have such a gorgeous looking family! Looks like everyone had a great time...

Happy December 1st, xo HHL

The Bipolar Diva December 1, 2011 at 12:39 PM  

Tami;

I'm working on term insurance, right now all I could gt was accidental death insurance...BOO

The Bipolar Diva December 1, 2011 at 12:39 PM  

Nikki;

I've actually gained weight! Must have been the camera angle?

The Bipolar Diva December 1, 2011 at 12:40 PM  

Angel, I'm calling you first next time!

myinnerchick.com December 1, 2011 at 3:14 PM  

--Diva,
Your Fam is Beautiful.

So proud of you for going back to school. I got my degree a few years ago & I loooooooooooved writing the papers. Freak Show!

You look like a movie star, Daaahling.

Xx Kiss.

The Bipolar Diva December 1, 2011 at 4:18 PM  

Kim, thank you so much. I'm beginning to second guess myself about school and all it involves, especially when I', trying to get two kids through college, but I'm determined!

Anonymous,  December 1, 2011 at 4:45 PM  

Oh my gosh, great family pics! What a lovely family! As always...you make me laugh and smile.

Phil December 2, 2011 at 8:24 PM  

Great pics of the family!

I enjoy your ranting but can really relate to the frustration. Amazing how you can sign up for stuff like MSN with a few easy clicks and yet to drop the damn service you have to wait on hold for hours and speak with 12 people working in 8 countries. And don't even get me started about insurance companies...

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP