Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

Cathartic Coercion

Thursday, April 11, 2019



It's been months, more like years, since I've sat in bed, my laptop resting atop down comforters and blankets, with the intention of writing anything of substance.

The English language has always been something I've enjoyed. Assembling syllables, words, sentences, and paragraphs, into something more than just letters appearing on a screen has always been a passion of mine.

To me it's a cathartic coercion when I'm able to achieve a melodic passage by giving my thoughts a life of their own in which the reader can engage with all of their senses.

For lack of a better term, I've been on hiatus. I feel my writing is rusty at best.

However, with encouragement from a friend, and the passage of time sufficient to quell the chaotic confusion I had been thrown into, some of my own doing and some dealt by the hands of cavalier diagnosticians, I now feel the freedom to allow my thoughts to emerge once more.

My mind is at ease and I feel no need to censor my ideas, my reasoning, or my perceptions. I have allowed myself to be freed from the confinement I once endured.

I have tamed the inner demons that once haunted me. I can now the celebrate multifaceted creation I am. I no longer feel the need to flee. I have been liberated and polished by the pressure that once surrounded me. I can now go forth smiling with the knowledge I was never destroyed.

My Creator kept me shielded from the one that was intent on incinerating my inner most being. I had to be broken, broken enough to allow my Maker to rebuild me into the woman He had intended for me to be from the beginning of time.

xo,


4 comments:

Unknown July 21, 2019 at 5:13 AM  

How beautifully written...letters, to sentences, to thoughts, straight to the heart of all of us fighting to be free inside. What a beautiful mind. I applaud your bravery for sharing the vulnerability which so many hide. Prayerfully, may we all reach our true destiny & intention. Xo

Anonymous,  August 8, 2019 at 10:49 AM  

Hoping to see more content from you in the future! Just found ur blog on Pinterest (the pink bike whip post). Wow. 1. You’re amazing, not just as a human, but a writer and blogger as well.
2. I’m so sorry about your friend. My best friend was killed in a car crash years ago and I know no words really help, but I hope and pray you’re able to find peace with it and the life she was given while here.
3. Please never stop producing even the least bit of content! I’ve never checked blogs regularly or followed a blogger, but with yours, I feel like I’d have no choice bc it’s all so relatable!
Thank you for all the time and effort you’ve put into your blogs content! It’s amazing! Hoping to see a post soon but I have plenty to catch up on until then.
Sending you good vibes and well wishes!
Take care

The Bipolar Diva February 13, 2020 at 10:51 PM  

Thank you both. It's been a difficult journey since this post. Hopefully, now that's changed. :)

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP