Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

It's MINE!

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Yes, that's me alright
I'm sure you all know my husband was recently in a horrible motorcycle accident and is now attempting to recover at home.

He was finally able to make it up the stairs and hobble to our room to sleep in our bed, took awhile, but he did it. The hospital bed and wheelchair were picked up, thankfully, although I'm not so sure he'll ever be able to go into his office again.

He was confined in there for so long that now he usually has to be outside, feeling the breeze and smelling the sweet summer air.

Oh, yes, back to the story at hand.

He had been sleeping in our bed for about three nights. He can't really move, roll over, etc. He has to lie face up with a pillow under his knee to take the pressure off of his broken pelvis.

We both use three pillows, one to cradle our heads, he uses one under his leg and usually puts his arms around the third.

I, however, use the second, and sometimes the third, to put over my head. I know, I'm a freak like that. At least one pillow has to be over my head, covering my ears, while allowing my nose to be free....ya know, breathing in already breathed air is pretty gross.  Sometimes I put the third on top of the second one, and sometimes I just hang onto it.

Well a couple of nights ago I was searching for my third pillow around 2 in the morning. Guess where I found it? Uh, yeah, under his arm. I gently attempted to pull it out so I didn't wake him, didn't go so well. So I pulled a little harder. Suddenly he grabbed the pillow and yanked it from me with his good arm! I mean, the freaking nerve!

I know he's hurt and all but, damn it, it was MY pillow and I wanted it! So a bit of a tug of war started up.

"Give me MY PILLOW!"

"It's NOT yours, it's MINE!"

"The hell it is, give it to me NOW!"

"I'm the one that's hurt, I get it!"

"Just give me that damn pillow! You are hurt, you can't move, either give me the freaking pillow or I'll smother you with it!"

No, no I don't have much compassion when it comes to my sleep, just ask anyone that knows me.

"Fine take the damn pillow!"

"Thank you!" I put the pillow precisely over my head where it had been when he snatched it from me, turned over, pulled up the blanket, snuggled in, and then heard him say,

"Oh, wait, there's a pillow on the floor over here." Then he asked, "Can you get it for me?"

I pretended to be asleep, remember, I don't like my sleep disturbed.

"Well, maybe I can get it with my crutch. Ow, that hurts my BROKEN shoulder to try."

"FINE, I'LL GET YOU THE DAMN PILLOW! JUST LET ME SLEEP!"

I got out of my cocoon, stumbled over whatever was in the floor, and found his precious pillow.

"Here, here's YOUR pillow."

"Thanks."

"Anything else you need since I'm out of bed and freezing?"

"No, that's all. Thanks for getting it for me."

"I told you it was mine!"

He pretended to sleep. 


Moral of the story, keep track of your own freaking pillows, or they may be used as a device of torture.

Please check out Jeff Fundraising site. Although he is healing, he still is unable to work for months. Look around, check it out, leave him a hug, or give from your heart.

 Lovingly,

 

9 comments:

Cloudia June 22, 2013 at 10:32 PM  

I used to be Shrewella if awakened unpleasantly!

Feel better Steve



ALOHA from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° > <3




Red Shoes June 23, 2013 at 7:22 AM  

Ha! sounds like things are returning to some degree of normalcy...

Good morning...

~shoes~

Outcast June 23, 2013 at 9:29 AM  

This story really made me laugh Diva, despite it being a bit of a drama I can tell that you must have missed this kind of thing an incredible amount. Jeff's recovery is what's most important here, really hope it keeps ticking over nicely.

Gerald June 23, 2013 at 10:25 AM  

OMG! That was freaking funny!!!

The Bipolar Diva June 23, 2013 at 11:23 AM  

I asked him about it the next morning and he just laughed and said, "Yeah, I remember..."

Angelwithatwist June 24, 2013 at 5:12 AM  

Gene is the absolute worst at pillow thievery. I am constantly snatching my pillow from him and giving him back the one of his he tries to put on my side. I KNOW my pillows dude nice try lol..

Rob-bear June 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM  

When I saw "Mine," I thought "Oil Well."

Sorry, wrong association.

After reading a bit further, I realized that "mine" was actually the prelude to a pillow fight. So to speak. Not the traditional kind of pillow fight, because with you, traditional usually = boring.

Hope both of you are feeling better.

Blessings and Bear hugs, especially while Jeff recovers!
Bears Noting
Life in the Urban Forest (poetry)

Nolie June 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM  

DO NOT touch my pillow or wake me up unless there is an emergency.

Unknown June 25, 2013 at 11:16 PM  

That's funny... I sleep with a pillow over my head too... with a little opening to breathe... woke up one morning with a cat sleeping on the pillow on top of my head. Hope the hubby recovers and your life can get back to "normal"..

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP