Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Teri Anderson. Powered by Blogger.

The Culture

Thursday, September 6, 2012

I love the biker culture. I love that a biker will help another biker at any time for any reason. I love that everyone that rides is a "brother" or a "sister."

I love the sounds of bikes, I love the looks of bikes. I love the leather and the tattoos. I love the diversity and I love the respect bikers show for each other.

There is one part of the culture that I really don't get, or maybe I don't want to get.

I was sitting at a bike event tonight listening to the band. It was the perfect night for a gathering, the weather was warm and dry and everyone was still celebrating summer. As we sat there I watched the girls.

There are always unattached girls around. Most scantily dressed with their short shorts, tight short dresses, high heels and torn t-shirts. It's easy to see they didn't get there on the back of someone's bike and they certainly didn't ride themselves. 

They're women hoping to pick up a biker for the night, or perhaps a little longer. They stand out, they really stand out. In the world of the biker these girls are called "pass arounds," for obvious reasons.

There are also what's called "biker babes." In the words of a "club" member  "a biker babe enjoys the lifestyle, has morals and will gut you for unwanted advances," and "a pass around welcomes them."

While the band played the pass arounds danced seductively to the music all the time holding tightly to their beer. They were doing their best to be noticed and hopefully picked out of the crowd by anyone that would give them the attention they were seeking. 

They are as young as those in their twenties and as old as late fifties, early sixties. I took pictures but decided not to post them. It was sad watching them do their thing. Watching those lonely women do everything in their power hoping to be noticed by someone that would most probably give them what they wanted and throw them away a few hours later was very sad.

I know there are people like that in every arena of life, but for some reason the biker world seems disproportionately filled with them. The girls are at every event, every gathering, every rally, and every biker bar. 

It's sad, very sad.

On another note, check out this bike. It is covered with pennies and nickels. Strange, very strange. Someone had a little too much time on their hands it appears. But in a way it's kind of cool being so different.


Then there's this shot I like.




 

14 comments:

Barfly September 6, 2012 at 7:16 AM  

Nice pics BPD. P.S. you could send the ones of the bike chicks to me (lol).

Outcast September 6, 2012 at 8:47 AM  

I understand what you're saying Teri. Despite biking being awesome, these "biker babes," are kind of demeaning to themselves and like you say it is sad to see. I guess those kinds of ladies will always exist though and there's nothing that can be done to change that without changing the entire biker culture.

Liz Mays September 6, 2012 at 4:14 PM  

That really is sad and I didn't realize the extent to which it was in the biking world.

Christy September 6, 2012 at 7:00 PM  

Very nice shots! At least the person who has that bike knows that no one has one like it.

It's sad that women think they have to lure men like that. The only ones worth the time will notice them for their other qualities.

Princess Kate September 7, 2012 at 9:40 AM  

I'd love to see the photos too. haha It stinks any woman would do that. Oh wait - I did have some questionable moments in my 20s at college. oops!!!!

Claudya Martinez September 7, 2012 at 9:54 AM  

The whole disposable woman situation would bum me.

Red Shoes September 7, 2012 at 9:54 AM  

My brother recently bought a new Harley... he really likes them.

~shoes~

Rod Arters September 9, 2012 at 5:39 AM  

You went from:

"It's sad, very sad."

to

"On another note, check out this bike."

Your sudden transition made me laugh! ADHD? :)

cool blog!

myinnerchick.com September 9, 2012 at 1:15 PM  

~~After watching "Sons of Anarchy," I would imagine some of those lonely chicks want to meet a guy like JAX!!

Diva, are guys like that around? I mean, guys that actully look like that?!!

What happens if a biker babe slept w/ another biker babe'd dude?


Also, do you remember Sam Eliot in Mask.

OMGGgggg, I was in LOVE.

How are you, Dear? Xxxxx

The Bipolar Diva September 9, 2012 at 8:27 PM  

Bikers' girls don't sleep around, but the pass arounds are fair game.

The Bipolar Diva September 9, 2012 at 8:28 PM  

Rod;

I guess I forgot my meds that day!

Thanks on the compliment!

MarkD60 September 12, 2012 at 5:29 AM  

I wonder what the girls would say about your description of them. When I was single and desperate for attention, it seemed the desperation put women off, although I couldn't tell they could tell. When I was single, nobody wanted me. When I wasn't single, it seemed like every woman was available and interested. It is an irony of life I guess.

I think the penny bike looks kind of like snakeskin. Those coins add a lot of weight...

The Bipolar Diva September 13, 2012 at 10:53 AM  

Mark;

I think they would publicly say I was full of shit, but in their minds they would know I was right.

I saw a floor done that way (with the pennies) and it looked really cool. I thought about it for my billiard room. But then I thought of the time involved and I nixed that plan!

jenn September 17, 2012 at 8:28 AM  

in the music world, those chicks are called groupies. in the business world, they're called whores. :]

how tacky of me. :]

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All Rights Reserved

© 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020



All rights reserved. Content, both written and original photographs, may not be copied or used in any way without consent.















  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP